Spitfire’s Haunted House expands on the sonic palette of Darkstar’s 2020
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of its new sample library Darkstar – Haunted House, a collection of spectral synth textures by electronic music duo Darkstar, acclaimed artists on the trailblazing British independent record label Warp Records roster.
The library is suitable for creating tension beds, atmosphere, warmth, texture, and ambience, or adding orchestral elements — particularly suited to sci-fi and thrillers. It can be used in a wide range of genres, from house to ambient electronic music, grime, 2-step and beyond.
Immerse yourself in the unique and inspiring sound world of electronic duo Darkstar — processed analogue synth textures and loops, rich sub-basses, pitched-down drums, and icy, warped vocals, each layered with subliminal spectral echoes of rave culture and industrial white noise — ghosts in the machine, bleeding in and fading out.
Haunted House expands on the sonic palette of Darkstar’s 2020 album Civic Jams, out now on Warp Records — ‘a photonegative of a dance record’. From mournful and ominous, to warm, heartfelt nostalgia, each sound is full of character and emotion, designed to create tension, depth and atmosphere for any setting — from contemporary electronic music, to hybrid, modern film, TV & games composition. Presented in our award-winning, easy-to-use dedicated plug-in, this versatile tool offers a range of controls and effects, so you can immediately transform each preset to facilitate your own vision.
Darkstar – Haunted House features
- 44 presets
- SYNTHS: analogue-sounding layered synth textures, from sub basses and gritty, unsettling pads through to beautiful organ-like analogue-sounding synths.
- VO1CES: icy, processed vocal samples, performed by Aiden Whalley (Darkstar).
- FOUND SOUND: gnarly textural London sounds.
- RVVM: deep, lo-fi drums and percussion loops.
- W4PRD: otherworldly synth sounds, made by Spitfire developers from the source material.
- Attack, Release, Reverb, Delay, Stretch & Flanger controls.
- Stretch function controls the speed of the sample playback.
- Dynamics slider taking you from a clean signal to a 100% processed, haunted signal, unique to each preset.
- Nine custom-made reverbs.
- Available in Spitfire Audio’s award-winning, dedicated plug-in (VST2/VST3/AU/AAX).
The library is available for purchase for £29 GBP/$29 USD/29 EUR.
More information: Spitfire Audio