Phonolyth releases Velvet Machine effect plugin for Windows and macOS
Phonolyth aka developer Yuri Turov has announced the release of Velvet Machine for Windows and macOS.
Previously available only on iOS, Velvet Machine is a sonic texture generator/blur/non-linear reverb effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise.
It is designed to stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds, produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.), and work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds).
Velvet Machine features
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature.
- Effect time ranging from 50 ms to 10 s.
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second.
- Predelay up to 1 s.
- Host tempo sync for time and predelay.
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal.
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant.
- Fully resizable vector-based UI.
- Cross-platform preset format.
The plugin is available in VST3 and AU formats at an introductory 50% discount, priced $16 USD until June 1st, 2021 (regular $32 USD). A free demo version is available to download.
The iOS version is also on sale, priced $3.99 USD during the promotion (regular $7.99 USD).
More information: Phonolyth