AudioThing updates Wires Soviet wire recorder echo plugin to v1.1 incl. macOS 11.0 support
AudioThing has announced an update to the Wires audio plugin, an accurately modeled and enhanced 1970s Soviet wire recorder in collaboration with Hainbach.
Version 1.1 includes Big Sur compatiblity, output trim, mono and routing switches, and more.
Made originally for military and secret service use across the Iron Curtain, in the hands of a few avant garde musicians it became a magical lofi-tool and ghostly echo machine.
Now this rare and rather finicky to operate piece of hardware is available for the first time as a faithful yet modern plugin. Transform your audio to the world of numbers stations and secret operations, dub out to very unusual echoes or make the most lofi beats to study too.
Changes in Wires v1.1
- Added: macOS 11.0 Big Sur support (Universal Binary).
- Added: Output Trim.
- Added: Mono Switch.
- Added: Routing Switch (alternative feedback path).
- Added: Envelope Attack and Release Controls.
- Added: Option to have the Echo Level pre or post feedback.
- Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI.
- Added: 8 new presets.
- Fixed: Echo Time not recalling properly in some Hosts (VST2/VST3).
- Fixed: Clear Buffer not working.